Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Breast Size Doesn't Matter, Get a Mammogram

I love my breasts and I don't want to lose them. Going from an A Cup to a C cup through using natural breast enlargement supplements was a serious endeavor for me. But breast cancer is really serious.

October has been designated Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so when I received this email from California Senator Barbara Boxer, today, I knew I had to it share with you.
    Dear Friend:

    I have joined my colleagues in a Congressional effort to designate October 17, 2008 as National Mammography Day (S. Res. 698). We hope to encourage greater awareness and understanding of the importance of getting this medical test.

    Mammography is currently our best method to detect localized breast cancer. Through the early detection offered by mammography, women who are struck by this disease have a 5-year survival rate of 98 percent and may require less radical treatment. Quite simply, mammography saves lives.

    The American Cancer Society estimates that 182,460 women will be diagnosed with invasive breast cancer in 2008 and that 40,480 will die from the disease in the same time period. Importantly, African American women will suffer a higher mortality rate than other groups, making it even more important that they regularly seek mammography to detect the cancer in its earliest stages.

    Breast cancer continues to claim the lives of too many women in America. By encouraging more women to seek regular mammography testing, we can reduce this number. I hope that you will learn more about mammography and talk with your doctor about scheduling testing based on your age and other factors.

    Sincerely,

    Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator
So whether you are small breasted getting larger or already have the breast size you want, get a mammogram!

No comments: